Pohutukawa Whanau are arranging a trip to Ferrymead Heritage Park this term as part of our conceptual learning around ‘Change’. The purpose of this trip is for the children to experience life as a child in the 1900’s in an authentic township and to allow children to see the technological progress that humankind has made to improve our lives.
The trip to Ferrymead will take place over two separate days.
- Year 6 children will attend on Thursday 24th August. Year 5 children will bus to Champion Street as per usual.
- Year 5 children will attend on Thursday 14th September. Year 6 children will bus to Champion Street as per usual.
On both days the bus to Ferrymead Heritage Park will depart from Eastern Tce at 9.00am and will return to school by 2.30pm. Children will need to meet their teachers in the East Hub by 8.45am on the day of their trip. When we return to school, we will have some reflection time in the East Hub before heading home for the day.
Students will need to bring:
- Water bottle
- Lunch and morning tea (no lunch orders on the day of their trip)
- A warm layer of clothing
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Any medication they will need i.e inhalers for asthma
We will need parents who are willing to travel with us to and from Ferrymead and who are happy to be responsible for a small group of children while they are there. Please contact your child’s homeroom teacher if you are interested in attending.
To cover the cost of the lesson and bus, a contribution of $15 will be added to your school account.
Amy Buick firstname.lastname@example.org
Gayle McNaughton email@example.com
Katie Chapman firstname.lastname@example.orgNice Bruce email@example.com