Swimming Sports 23rd February at Wharenui Pool
We are delighted to have received lots of entries for Swimming Sports this year from the Pohutukawa and Kauri Hubs with 81 children participating across a range of events.
On the day:
- All participants must be wearing their togs under their uniform before they get on the bus. They will not be able to change at Wharenui Pool. There will be time to change after the event.
- The children will have an early lunch at Champion Street before boarding the buses for Wharenui pool at 12 midday.
- Please ensure your child has a good lunch and a water bottle with them for the day.
- We are aiming for a 12.30 start and will then run through all events (which are organised by age and distance) for each stroke. There will be a House Relay as a finale. The order of events are as follows: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, 75m Medley, House Relay.
- We welcome you to join us and support our swimmers. We will have a space for spectators on poolside opposite the children, (who will be sitting in house groups). To support us in running this event, we ask that you stay on the side allocated for spectators.
- If you would like to pick up your child after the event at Wharenui Pool, please ensure that you check them out with a teacher.
We are looking for some amazing parent helpers to assist us with a few jobs on the day. If you are willing and available to help out then please email Jenny on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Jenny or Gayle.